Baby Beehinds Wool Covers
Made from 100% Australian Wool, our beautiful wool covers are the ultimate cover for your night nappy (but also great for day times). Wool is the perfect material for a night nappy cover due to its ability to hold wetness without feeling wet, and it’s superior breathability.
Our covers come in Small, Medium & Large, and are a stretchy, generous fit to ensure that the whole night nappy is covered. This is a pull-up style cover, which we know will become a valuable part of your night nappy system.
* Please note: You will need to wash & lanolise your new wool covers prior to using them as they are not lanolised when you receive them.
Why choose wool?
Wool Nappy Covers are an ideal choice for use over a night nappy, or when you know that your little one will be in their nappy for longer than normal (ie. long day sleepers, or a big car trip). BBH wool covers are made from 100% Aussie wool interlock and have an amazing stretch so that they will fit over even the bulkiest night nappy. Soft and cuddly to the touch, these pull-up style covers are an ideal addition to your nappy stash.
Wool is highly absorbent, breathable and keeps temperatures fairly consistent. Wool can absorb liquid up to 40% of its weight without feeling wet and is breathable even when damp, allowing air to circulate and prevent baby’s bum from getting damp. The perfect qualities for a night nappy cover!
Caring for your Wool Covers
Wool covers require some extra care, but don’t worry, it’s not difficult!
* BeeHinds wool covers only need washing every few weeks! (Providing they are not soiled and have been lanolisedwell enough).
* When you change your baby’s nappy, hang the wool cover to air dry until you next need to use it again (it is best to alternate between covers when using wool). The lanolin in the wool neutralizes the urine, meaning your cover self-cleaning.
* You only need to wash your cover if it becomes soiled, stinky or dirty, or when it requires re- lanolising. If your baby is a heavy wetter with very strong urine, you will probably need to lanolise more regularly. We’d recommend lanolising about once per fortnight.
* Baby BeeHinds wool covers can be machine washed, on the gentle cycle, inside a laundry or delicates bag.
* Make sure you only wash in cold water using a gentle wool wash.
* If you prefer, you may choose to wash by hand in cool water using soap flakes or wool wash (ideal). These are nice and gentle on the natural fibers of the wool.
* Once clean, rinse well under cool water, lanolise, and then hang in the shade to dry.
* Do not soak your wool covers in whitening or soaking solutions
* Do not tumble dry
Lanolising.. What is it and what does it do?
In order for your wool cover to perform its best, it needs to be ‘ lanolised’. Lanolin is the natural oil found in wool that helps to keep sheep dry in the rain. The wool needs to have this lanolin replenished every couple of weeks to maintain its leak proof abilities. Don’t stress, lanolising is pretty simple and only needs to be done every 2-4 weeks!
We have numerous products here at The Nappy Bucket that can assist with your lanolising ritual.
How to Lanolise?
* Simply fill a bucket or sink with about 5cm of very hot water, than add a pea-sized amount of pure lanolin and mix to melt and disperse.
* Once the lanolin is melted and evenly dispersed throughout the hot water, add enough cold water to make it cool
* Submerge your cover into the solution and squeeze the cover to distribute the lanolin into the fibres, then leave to soak for a couple of hours or overnight.
* When you are ready to remove the cover, do not rinse it, just squeeze out the excess water by hand.
* Roll your cover up in a towel to remove as much moisture as possible, and then lay flat in the shade to dry.
* Re- lanolise every 2-4 weeks, or when the cover starts to get a bit stinky!